Legacy of WishesSM
A Legacy of Hope, Strength and Joy
Wishes create memories that last a lifetime for wish kids and their families. By making a planned gift to Make-A-Wish®, you can help grant wishes even beyond your lifetime.
Typical bequest language is:
"I give the sum of $_____(or % of estate) to Make-A-Wish of [America or Chapter Name], [Address], to be used or disposed of as its Board of Directors deems appropriate in its sole discretion."
It is projected that each year more than 25,000 children will be diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition. Our goal is to enrich the lives of these children by making their fondest wishes come true. We need your help to guarantee that the necessary resources will be available well into the future. Your commitment to honor Make-A-Wish as a beneficiary in your estate planning helps to assure that no child's wish will go unfulfilled.
What Types of Gifts Qualify?
Make-A-Wish recognizes individual deferred or planned gifts. Examples of such gifts would include a bequest, charitable trust, charitable gift annuity, gifts of retirement plans, life insurance or an endowment. Other gift types may also qualify.
Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions. You may call Nicole Powers at 800-722-9474,
Benefits of Membership
As a member of the Legacy of WishesSM society, we will recognize your commitment to the future of Make-A-Wish by:
- Acknowledging your gift on the Virtual Donor Wall on wish.org.
- Recognizing your gift in the Make-A-Wish America Annual Report.
- Providing a subscription to the following Make-A-Wish publications:
- A quarterly e-newsletter highlighting recent wishes and timely topics of interest.
- A semi-annual newsletter, entitled Legacy of Wishes, which provides useful information about planned giving programs, ideas and benefits.
- The Wishmaker magazine, which offers an insider's view of everything Make-A-Wish supporters help us accomplish.
- An annual mailing of our Make-A-Wish calendar featuring pictures and stories of courageous wish kids overcoming all odds.
- Offering invitations for involvement with your local chapter and Make-A-Wish America, such as recognition events, volunteer opportunities and other fun ways to be a part of our mission.
- Presenting you with an exclusive Legacy of Wishes certificate, personally signed by our president and CEO, and available only to our members.
- Most importantly, you'll have the pleasure of knowing that you are leaving a legacy of hope, strength and joy because your generosity will truly impact the life of a child.
Legacy of Wishes Enrollment Form
Membership in the Legacy of Wishes Society is accomplished by simply notifying us that you have named the Make-A-Wish Foundation as a beneficiary of your estate. Your information will be confidential and you have the option to keep your membership anonymous. Simply click here to access the membership form or contact Nicole Powers at 602-792-3249.
By joining the Legacy of Wishes society, we are able to recognize your generosity today. Your commitment to the future of Make-A-Wish will provide a lifetime of joy to our wish kids. Thank you for helping us share the power of a wish® with you.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.